Library Opening Hours
Monday to Thursday : 9am - 5pm
Friday: 10am - 5pm
Access the Library Catalogue on or off campus.
To renew your books phone 01-8773921 or email [email protected]
Rooms 207 and 208 available as reading rooms after 5pm.
Are you doing a project, assignment or dissertation? The library's reference collection features books on:
- How to research
- How to reference correctly
- How to avoid plagiarism
- The collection contains books that are available for a 2 week loan as well as a number of books that can only be used in the library. Dawsonera, accessible via Athens , https://login.openathens.net/auth It hosts a number of eBooks about referencing, dissertations and research:
- How to Research by Lorraine Blaxter et al (2006)
- Doing your Research Project by Judith Bell (2010)
- Excellent Dissertations! by Peter Levin (2005)
- How to get a PhD by Estelle Phillips and Derek S. Pugh (2005)
- Mastering your Business Dissertation by Robert Lomas (2011)
MADR theses and BABS final year business projects are available to read in the library.
If you do not have an Athens account, please contact the library: [email protected]
New Dawsonera Online Reader
Monday 29th June is the release date for this new reader. With a cleaner and more sophisticated overall look and feel, the new design and interface will be easier to use, more intuitive and with clearer notifications for users, more informative.
The new and improved features include:
- Page range printing
- Full screen reading
- Enhanced navigation using the Table of Contents
- Improved print and copy notifications
- Improved user design and user interface
- More intuitive navigation and icons, including scrolling between pages
- Ability to share notes with other users
- Full text searching with hit highlighting
- Screen zoom functionality
- Working towards RNIB compliance
- Select the connect to wireless from your laptop which should give you a list of wireless networks.
- You should see one called IHD_Student
- Select this and connect. You will be asked for a security key
- Type in ihd ihdihdihd (lowercase, all the one word)
- And then click connect (note the key is case sensitive)
- Once connected you should be able to use your normal Browser